Developed this iridescent glass shader in Maya / Redshift based on IG @odddough ‘s request at work.
- Start with the Redshift “Glass” present.
- Create a RS Fresnel and remap its values into rainbow hues.
- Optionally, if you’ve used MASH Color to have varying colorSet values for each part of your geometry like this toy gun example, you can add a Redshift Color Correction to this resulting information, remap colorSet to 0 to 360 and use it to drive the hue variance of the Color Correction node.
- Feed the resulting information into the refraction color of the Glass Material
- Increase the Dispersion Abbe number to 1 or 30 to taste, it creates iridescent refraction
- Enjoy the results!