Came across something really interesting the other day.
An ingenius player by Chaos Group.
Many people are used to fcheck which comes with Maya, which plays image sequences.
If I’m not wrong, it’s something similar to fcheck just that it has a lot more features!
Looking at the features list, this player can come in very handy
• Layered sequence playback
• Realtime interactions
• External device output
• Industry standard file format support including HDR, EXR, CIN, DPX, SGI, TGA and more
• Variable framerate playback
• Infinite workspace
• Global and per-layer aspect ratio
• Layer flip, scale, position and crop
• Color controls including lift, gamma, gain, brightness, contrast, hue and saturation
• Exposure and soft clip controls for high dynamic range images
• Ability to save a composition
• Export composition or single layer as sequence or AVI/Quicktime movie
• Export composition as Adobe After Effects JSX script
• Export composition as The Foundry Nuke script
• Copy layer to clipboard as Nuke script
• Layer-based cache
• Full, half and quarter cache resolution
• Brush Layer
• Brush Sequence Layer
• Adjustment Layer
• Clipboard Layer
• Framebuffer Layer
• Layer blending modes
• Alpha channel source
• Depth channel
• Productivity tools including copy/paste frame, email frame/screen, replace with, open with, locate in explorer and more .
• Multi-core processor support
• Built-in HTTP server for remote collaboration
• 64-bit version
• Extensive command line support
url source: http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/pdplayer.html