Tag Archive for: Compositing
At this time of writing, V-Ray GPU doesn’t render the Pref pass out using known techniques. So meanwhile, you’d have to use V-Ray CPU instead. Good thing, Pworld renders perfectly fine in V-Ray GPU.
Nuke Crashes When Using Pref Information
In Nuke, we can use the World Position Texture Projection node to project a texture onto a geometry using the Pref information.
The usage is simple:
- Feed in the Pref information into the “point position” handle and the desired texture in to the “src” handle
- Color pink the image to sample the vector information
- Click on “Bake Position” to store the information in to the node
- Viola! (hopefully)
- In my experience, Nuke crashes when I try to view the output. There’s no way around this unless we apply this following fix. In my case, V-Ray generated a value too large for Nuke to handle. The solution?
- Use a Clamp node to get rid of values you won’t use anyway, and you should be able to use this node with no problems.
Cheers! Happy comp-ing!
The World Position Toolkit I’m referring to is available at this link: http://www.nukepedia.com/toolsets/3d/wptk
I’m a Animation director who specializes in 3D Animation and Motion FX Design for short films and CGI commercials.
Here, I share my work and my thoughts about the industry’s creative, technical and business developments.
So, have a look around and please reach out if you wish to discuss, have a chat, or potentially work together.
From The Blog
 9797 7124
ronald [at] ronald-fong.com